When was the last time you tried something for the first time?
Now that the Hall of Fame is in place, we are seeking your help in continuing the process of recognizing outstanding individuals worthy of induction into the Central High School Hall of Fame. I would like to clarify a few ideas about the Central High School Hall of Fame:
1. It is NOT an athletic Hall of Fame.
A misconception exists that the Central High School Hall of Fame is ONLY for athletes and athletics. That is far from the truth. This Hall of Fame exists for ALL students involved in extracurricular activities at school and all past graduates that earn distinction beyond graduation. In the constitution for the Central Hall of Fame the following purpose is stated:
"The purpose of the Central High School Hall of Fame is threefold:
1. To honor those Sabers who have accomplished extraordinary feats in extracurricular activities.
2. To honor those who have made great contributions to Central High School activities over a period of many years.
3. To honor those Central High School graduates who have distinguished themselves in life after high school."
2. It is NOT just for Central High School.
In fact, any accomplishments during the days of DeWitt, Grand Mound, Low Moor, St. Joseph's, and Welton High Schools should be considered for the Central High School Hall of Fame.
In the first three induction classes we have honored many well-deserving teams and individuals. We need your help in nominating more worthy individuals. We know that well-deserving individuals exist in our communities that should be considered for the Central High School Hall of Fame. Ask yourselves, ask your neighbors, ask your family the following questions:
1. Do you know a veteran or war hero from Central High School (remember it can be DeWitt, Grand Mound, Low Moor, St. Joseph's, or Welton)?
2. Do you know a playwright, director, actor, or producer of plays (or television shows, movies, or musicals) that graduated from Central High School?
3. Do you know a philanthropist, a professor, a doctor, a humanitarian with roots in our school district?
4. Do you know someone worthy to be a member of the Central Hall of Fame?
If you can answer (or know someone that can answer these questions) please click here and download a Hall of Fame nomination form or contact Central High School for a nomination form. Help us continue a new and great tradition and nominate someone to the Hall of Fame!
Hall of Fame Nomination Form
Hall of Fame Members
Hall of Fame Categories explanation
Hall of Fame Constitution