When was the last time you tried something for the first time?
Family Resource Center Director and
Homeless Children and Youth Coordinator
Phone: (563) 659-4757
Cell: (563) 559-0477
Health care coverage for uninsured kids is more affordable than you think. Click here to learn about the Hawk-I (Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa) Program.
Mrs. Greubel has also been designated as the Homeless Children and Youth Coordinator for Central Community Schools. In this capacity she is to identify homeless children and youth within the district, encourage their enrollment and eliminate existing barriers to their receiving an education which may exist in district policies or practices. As per board policy, she will continuously track and monitor programs and activities for these homeless children and youth.
Who Is Homeless?
Anyone who, due to lack of housing, lives:
- in an emergency or transitional shelter
- in a hotel, motel, trailer park, campground, abandoned in a hospital, or awaiting foster care
- doubled-up with relatives or friends
- migratory children living in these conditions
Services available to students who are homeless:
- a free public education that meets the student's academic needs
- immediate enrollment into school, even if records are missing
- free lunch program
- assistance with transportation to the "home" school district
- referrals for other services needed by the student/family
If you think that you or someone you know is homeless, please contact Amanda Greubel for assistance.
*** UPCOMING FAMILY ENRICHMENT OPPORTUNITIES ***
The Family Resource Center is now on Facebook! Please go to the link below to "Like" the FRC page and keep up on news, programs, and events affecting students and families in the Central Community School district.
If you are interested in learning more about the Family Resource Center please contact Amanda Greubel at the phone numbers shown above or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.